Recipe type: Desserts
Cuisine: East Indian
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- ½ cup full cream milk powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder (elychee)
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain.
- Grind the rice into a fine powder and parch on a low fire.
- Sift through a fine sieve or strainer.
- Add the cardamom (elychee) powder, powdered milk and ghee. Set aside.
- Put the sugar to boil and add the grated ginger. Boil until the sugar forms thin threads when dropped from a spoon.
- Quickly pour the sugar into the rice mixture and stir. Then quickly pour into a greased dish. Before it completely hardens, cut into squares.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved