Peera or Pera is basically a sweet meat similar to barfi, just that it has a ground rice base.
Prep Time: 50 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Cuisine: East Indian
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup full cream milk powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder elychee
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain.
- Grind the rice into a fine powder and parch on a low fire.
- Sift through a fine sieve or strainer.
- Add the cardamom (elychee) powder, powdered milk and ghee. Set aside.
- Put the sugar to boil and add the grated ginger. Boil until the sugar forms thin threads when dropped from a spoon.
- Quickly pour the sugar into the rice mixture and stir. Then quickly pour into a greased dish. Before it completely hardens, cut into squares.
Click the link to download PDF of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved