- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 dash almond essence
- 2 dash of bitters
- Mix powdered milk and water. Bring to boil.
- Add lime juice, cinnamon and ginger.
- When it makes the "Saree" (curds) remove it and throw away the whey.
- Wash pot. Add curds, bitters almond essence and sugar
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until golden and crumbly.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved