Paw Paw Balls
Paw paw balls is another popular homemade sweet Here in Trinidad and Tobago. This green sugar ball drew a lot of attention due to its peculiar lime green look and distinct acquired taste.
Recipe type: Desserts
- 3 cups green paw paw (papaya), grated
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp green colouring
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup water
- Peel, seed and grate paw paw. Place grated paw paw in a cloth and squeeze out the juice.
- Place paw paw and sugar in pot and add water. Heat over medium flame. Add colouring and lime juice and stir occasionally.
- Lower the flame. Heat until most of the water evaporates and the mixture starts to gel then turn off the stove. Note: Pay close attention at this point because we don't want the mixture getting too hard.
- Scoop up tablespoonfuls of the paw paw mixture and roll in granulated sugar. Set aside to cool.
Calories: 14.66 kcal Carbohydrates: 3.7 g Sugar: 2.4 g Fiber: 0.5 g
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved