This parlsey rice has an unforgetable taste; perfect side for any ocassion.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Course: Rice Dishes
Keywords: rice dish, parsley rice dish, side dish
- 1 pimento pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Basmati rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice. Boil the rice in water for about 15 minutes on a low flame. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a deep pan.
- Add the chopped onion and pimento.
- Mix in the chopped parsley (1 cup).
- Add the cooked rice.
- Note: We used basmati rice because of the speed at which it cooks and its lightness.
- Adjust salt to taste. Gently toss together. Remove from heat.
- Add the 2 tablespoon fresh parsley. Gently toss.
- Note: This step was done to push the parsley flavour a bit in the dish. Hey after all it’s parsley rice 🙂
- Serve hot or warm.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved