Here is a dish that could definitely "rock" your health. It involves one of the worlds most popular herbs and it is derived from a word meaning "rock celery", a fitting name for a highly nutritious herb.
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 5 medium potatoes (red skin is best)
- 3½ tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large pimento pepper or 2 small pimento peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- Water to boil the potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Wash and boil the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into into 1-2 inch cubes. (Note: For this recipe, I mentioned the red skin potatoes as an alternative. If you happen to use these, you can leave the skin on when you cube them.)
- Heat pot over a medium flame and melt the butter. Add pimento peppers, garlic and parsley. Saute until tender.
- Add potatoes in 2 parts and toss until well, adding salt gradually. Combine the ingredients, then add more salt to taste as desired. Serve hot.
Calories: 188 kcal Fat: 9.8 g Carbohydrates: 23.5 g Sodium: 136 mg Protein: 2.1 g
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved