Pak Choi and Rice
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 5 head pak choi
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- Boil the rice in water until soft. When done, strain and set aside. Separate the leaves of the pak choi and wash them.
- Chop the pak choi, about one inch thick. In a deep pot, saute the onion, pimento, and garlic in a little oil.
- Cook until the onion is soft and slightly golden. Add the chopped pak choi. Allow to steam until soft. Mix often. But do not let the pak choi overcook because it loses it natural taste.
- Pour in a serving bowl and set aside.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved