Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 2 loaves
- 5 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1½ tbsp. yeast
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice (from concentrate)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 tsp salt
- Blend the juice, water, sugar, egg, butter, and orange rind.
- Combine the 4 cups of flour and yeast. Then sift the flour at yeast twice.
- Add 2 cups of the flour into the liquid mixture and beat well. Then knead in the next 2 cups of flour. (Note: As much as 1 cup of flour would have to be added to help make a smooth dough. That makes 5 cups in total).
- Divide the dough into two and place into 2 (9" or 23 cm) greased baking pans or dishes.Allow to rest until it doubles in size (about 1 hour)
- Brush with melted butter. Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden and firm. Then remove from oven and cool before serving.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved