There is a wonderful underlying citrus taste of orange in this orange beef dish. This is a brilliant way to cook meat.
- 1 lb beef cut in cubes or thin strips
- 1/2 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 1/3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chive chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. ginger grated (divided)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1/3 tbsp. hot pepper chopped or pepper sauce
- 1/3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, stir and set aside.
- Note: Even afterwards, you may still have to stir it because the cornstarch settles.
- Season the beef with garlic, 1/2 tbsp ginger, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, salt and sugar.
- Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and saute rest of ginger and onion.
- Add beef and stir fry until it is no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and cook until thick, adjust salt to taste. Garnish with chive before serving.
What I like about this dish is that you can serve it with rice, noodles or just as a side dish.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved