Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- 1 lb beef cut in cubes or thin strips
- ½ tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1⅓ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup chive, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated (divided)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp. oil
- ⅓ tbsp. hot pepper, chopped or pepper sauce
- ⅓ tbsp. sugar
- ½ cups orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, stir and set aside.
- Note: Even afterwards, you may still have to stir it because the cornstarch settles.
- Season the beef with garlic, ½ tbsp ginger, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, salt and sugar.
- Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and saute rest of ginger and onion.
- Add beef and stir fry until it is no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and cook until thick, adjust salt to taste. Garnish with chive before serving.
What I like about this dish is that you can serve it with rice, noodles or just as a side dish.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved