Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 12 ochros, sliced
- 2 - 3 medium-sized tomatoes. chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs chive, chopped
- 2 sprigs celery, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Saltfish, pigtail or smoked bones (meat is optional)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 sprig chive
- 1 sprig celery
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste (optional)
- If you are using saltfish boil and remove the bones before adding it to the pot. If you are using pig tail or smoked bone boil pressure cook it until it is tender before adding to the pot.
- Saute the onion and garlic then add the tomatoes and ochros. Add the vegetables, the seasonings, meat, water and coconut milk. Cover the pot and allow to simmer. Cook over a medium flame.
- Add the rice. Stir the rice to make sure it is well mixed in with the vegetables and the liquid.
- Remove from flame when all of the liquid is absorb and rice is tender. Serve.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved