Oat Bran Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oat and bran cereal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins seedless
- ¾ tsp. salt optional
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pour the vinegar in the milk and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Then add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Combine the egg and oil or butter. Combine all the liquid mixtures and pour into the oat and bran.
- Sift and combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the nutmeg.
- Add the flour and raisins to the oat and bran liquid mixture. Mix quickly until moistened.
- Drop batter into greased muffin pans, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated oven 424F for about 20 minutes.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved