Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup very strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Place the sugar, coffee and liqueur in a small sauce pan and heat until the syrup becomes thick. Whip the egg yolks and add to the syrup slowly.
- Cream the butter until light an fluffy and then fold into the egg-coffee mixture. Mixture is ready for frosting and filling the cake.
- Note: to make an Irish cream filling, substitute the coffee liqueur with Irish cream.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved