Mocha Cream Filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup very strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Place the sugar, coffee and liqueur in a small sauce pan and heat until the syrup becomes thick. Whip the egg yolks and add to the syrup slowly.
- Cream the butter until light an fluffy and then fold into the egg-coffee mixture. Mixture is ready for frosting and filling the cake.
- Note: to make an Irish cream filling, substitute the coffee liqueur with Irish cream.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved