You can control your cravings and the amount you eat with these mini macaroni pies.
- 1 pack elbow or shell or twisted pasta about 20 oz
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 lb. cheese grated
- 1 small onion finely grated
- 1 pimento pepper minced
- 1 tsp. parsley minced
- 1 sprig of chive finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. bitters
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- Salt and pepper sauce to taste
- Boil the pasta in water for about 10 minutes (until it is slightly cooked) and drain.
- Add the butter to the hot pasta and mix until melted.
- Add the egg, tomato paste, cream and cheese. Mix well.
- Add green seasoning, rest of herbs, bitters, and pepper sauce to the pasta and mix well.
- Finally add the cheese and mix well.
- Grease the muffin tins and fill with the pasta.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over each mini pie.
- Garnish with some paprika or chive.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the top gets golden brown.
- Serve cool .
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved