This meatless loaf is gluten free and filled with some of your favourite nuts. It is protein pact and adds well to any vegetarian or vegan meal.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or parboiled rice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. chopped onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups crushed nuts combine equally your choice of nuts: hazel nuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts . You may choose to combine 3 different types of nuts in equal amounts)
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 sprigs fine leaf thyme
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. Mix Thoroughly.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved