This is a delicious way to prepare sour cherry. Masala cherry (gooseberry) is a great appetizer.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Cuisine: East Indian
Servings: 5 cups
Keywords: masala cherry, gooseberry in masala sauce, preserved cherry, grosella, damsel, sour cherry
- 5 cups sour cherries gooseberries, scalded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tbs pepper sauce or to taste
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 tbs Amchar Masala
- Heat oil, saute garlic until golden.
- Add cherries, pepper, and amchar masala.
- Then add salt and sugar. Stir.
- Add 1/4 cup water cook for 5 minutes or until cherries are tender and forms a slurry.
- Remove from heat. Leave to cool then pour into sterilized bottles and refrigerate.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved