Marmalade Cheese Muffins
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Cuisine: International, Fusion
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup marmalade or spreadable fruit (I used Smucker’s Simply Fruit, strawberry)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. orange peel
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F or 190 degrees C. Grease the muffin tins and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and butter in another bowl. With a mixer, whip the sugar and butter together. Fold in the beaten egg. Add the orange peel. And gradually add the milk.
- Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- In the third bowl, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar. Set aside.
- Fill the cups about half-way with the first mixture. i.e. flour, butter, eggs etc.
- NOTE: Make sure the cups are well greased or else they will stick. Place 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each cup. Then place about 1 tbsp. of the marmalade or spreadable fruit on top of the cream cheese.
- Fill the cups with the remaining batter. Place the batter around the cream cheese and marmalade or spreadable fruit. Sprinkle chopped almond nuts on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When done, allow the muffins to cool before you carefully remove them from the tin.
I will stress again, that you must ensure that the muffin cups are well greased. If you did this, then the muffins will come out easily. These muffins are light and you will be relieved when they slip out of the tins easily.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved