Mango Sunshine Cake
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Cuisine: Caribbean, fusion
- 8 eggs whites
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. almond essence
- ½ tsp. coconut essence
- Mango Sauce
- 1 large peeled, pitted, and chopped mango, We used Julie Mango
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp. lime juice
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks together until very light in colour. Note: Every now and then you would have to use a spatula to lift the sugar form the sides and bottom as you beat. Of course you have to stop the mixer first.
- Sift the flour and set aside.
- Mix the almond essence and coconut essence with the lemon juice.
- Mix egg whites, cream of tartar and salt together. Beat until very stiff.
- Add the flour a little at a time while you beat the egg yolks.
- Alternate the flour with the lemon juice until all is used up. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan or tube pan. Bake in a moderate oven for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- For Mango Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved