Linseed punch is a beverage that is highly regarded for its nutritional value and popularity in Trinidad and Tobago.
Prep Time: 5minutes mins
Cook Time: 25minutes mins
Total Time: 30minutes mins
Servings: 6 – 8
- For base:
- 1/2 cup linseed flaxseed
- 4 pieces spice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- For punch:
- 1/2 tin of condensed milk
- 2/3 cup boiled linseed Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 low-fat milk
- 3 dash bitters
- Add the spice to the milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add the linseed and boil on a low flame for 45 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Note: To test dip a spoon into the pot and do the drip test. The seeds release a mucilage that gets thick and gooey.
- When the linseed is ready remove the spice and allow to cool.
- Blend 2/3 cup of the linseed “base” in 1 cup of water.
- Then add the condensed milk and rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate or serve with ice.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved