Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Drink
Serves: 6 - 8
- For base:
- ½ cup linseed (flaxseed)
- 4 pieces spice
- 3½ cups water
- For punch:
- ½ tin of condensed milk
- ⅔ cup boiled linseed Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ⅔ low-fat milk
- 3 dash bitters
- Add the spice to the milk. Bring to a boil
- Add the linseed and boil on a low flame for 45 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Note: To test dip a spoon into the pot and do the drip test. The seeds release a mucilage that gets thick and gooey.
- When the linseed is ready remove the spice and allow to cool.
- Blend ⅔ cup of the linseed "base" in 1 cup of water.
- Then add the condensed milk and rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate or serve with ice.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved