Lentil Peas Soup
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Soups
- ½ cup dried lentil peas
- 3 cups water (to boil the lentil peas)
- 1½ cups pumpkin, chopped
- ½ lg. sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 eddoes, chopped
- ½ lg onion, diced
- 2 pimento pepper, chopped
- ½ hot pepper, chopped
- 9 chadon beni leaves, finely chopped
- 1 big leaf thyme, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 boiled figs (bananas),diced
- ½ cup boiled cassava, diced
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Pressure cook the peas in 3 cups of water for 15 minutes, or boil for 30 minutes until soft.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients, and set aside. Finely chop the chive and thyme. Set aside also.
- Have the green fig and cassava boiled, peeled, diced and set aside.
- When the peas is soft, add the rest of water (6 cups) into the pot.
- Add the onion, pumpkin, carrots, sweet pepper, eddoes and pimento pepper.
- Add the unsalted butter.
- Then the green seasoning and the tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (boiled banana and cassava) to the broth
- Cook for no more than 30 minutes, or until the carrots can be cut easily with a spoon – however, not to soft.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved