A hearty thick soups can be exciting after a stressful day. This lentil peas soup really revitalizes you.
- 1/2 cup dried lentil peas
- 3 cups water to boil the lentil peas
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin chopped
- 1/2 lg. sweet pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3 eddoes chopped
- 1/2 lg onion diced
- 2 pimento pepper chopped
- 1/2 hot pepper chopped
- 9 chadon beni leaves finely chopped
- 1 big leaf thyme finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 boiled figs bananas,diced
- 1/2 cup boiled cassava diced
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Pressure cook the peas in 3 cups of water for 15 minutes, or boil for 30 minutes until soft.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients, and set aside. Finely chop the chive and thyme. Set aside also.
- Have the green fig and cassava boiled, peeled, diced and set aside.
- When the peas is soft, add the rest of water (6 cups) into the pot.
- Add the onion, pumpkin, carrots, sweet pepper, eddoes and pimento pepper.
- Add the unsalted butter.
- Then the green seasoning and the tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (boiled banana and cassava) to the broth
- Cook for no more than 30 minutes, or until the carrots can be cut easily with a spoon – however, not to soft.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved