Here is a quick and easy lemon meringue pie.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Cuisine: American, European
Keyword: easy lemon meringue pie, lemon meringue pie
Servings: 1 pie
- 1 package lemon bar mix 1 pound each lemon filling mix and complete crust
- 3 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Lemon Pie.Press the crumbs for the crust firmly into bottom of lightly greased 9-inch pie pan or 8×8-inh pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bow, whisk full pouch of lemon filling mixtures, add water and whole eggs together. Blend together well. Pour over hot crust. Return to the oven and bake 22-26 minutes or until center does not juiggle when shaken. The top should also begin to brown.
- For Meringue:Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until frothy. Gradually, add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at ta time, and continue beating on high speed until stiff glossy peas form.
- Spread the mixture over the baked pie. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until it is light golden brown.
- Serve the pie warm.
As an alternative, you can use this recipe to make lemon meringue bars. Make the recipe in an 8-inch square pan and serve it chill.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.