Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 lbs Lambie
- 1 lemon ( to clean lambie)
- 8 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- ½ small onion
- ½ cup lime juice
- 10 leaves chadon beni
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the Lambie using half of the lemon.
- Cut into 1″ pieces then wash with the other half of the lemon.
- NOTE: You may be wondering why I’m washing the Lambie so much. It is to get rid of the fresh “sea” taste the meat has.
- When you’re doing the recipe you’ll see what I mean
- Grate 3 cloves of garlic and mix into the lambie.
- Then place in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 45 minutes.
- NOTE: I’ve read where people steam the lambie for a few minutes then pound it with a tenderizer. Maybe you could try that method as well.
- Chop the rest of garlic, the chadon beni and hot pepper. Then blend with 1 tsp of salt and ⅓ cup of water.
- Deseed the cucumber and slice thinly.
- Slice thinly the onion as well.
- Add the Lambie to the chadon beni mixture.
- Then add the cucumber and onion.
- Pour the lime juice and add 2 cups water.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 3 – 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.
DO NOT REFRIGERATE. This goes for every other souse as well. Because you're using the glutinous parts, when refrigerated they tend to congeal. I learnt this the hard way a few years ago
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved