Biscuits are always delicious and can be quite versatile. This one is also called cantucci. This Italian biscuit recipe is simple and can become a favourite in any occasion. This crusty biscuit is also considered a cookie.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Course: Breakfast, Dessert
Keyword: beef recipes, biscotti, christmas cookies, Italian biscotti, Italian cookie
- 3 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup melted butter (not hot)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup dried fruits (eg. cranberries, raisins, etc.)
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seeds, chopped
- mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- pieces of walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Add the anise seeds, vanilla and butter. Mix well and then add the flour and baking powder. Blend well. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Remove dough from bowl. Form a large hot dog and place on a pan lined with baking parchment and flatten to about one inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for approximately half an hour until golden brown.
- Slice the biscotti. You may place them on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.