Servings: 10 hops
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ tbsp. dry instant yeast
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sift flour in a medium sized bowl. Add sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Form a well in the middle of the ingredients and pour the water all at once. Mix with a fork thoroughly before kneading.
- Knead for 8 to 10 minutes adding flour if necessary to make a medium stiff dough.
- Grease the bowl and the top of the dough. Cover and allow the dough to rise for about 25 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and form into balls. Place the balls on a grease tray and cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rise for about 1 hour or until it double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven 400°F for 20 minutes.
- ¾ cups of flour and ¼ cup of whole wheat for this recipe.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved