Homemade Hummus Trinistyle
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Spreads , dip
Cuisine: Syrian / Lebanese
- 3 cups pressure cooked channa (chickpeas)
- ¾ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 pimento peppers
- 1 tbsp chadon beni, minced
- 3 tsp salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup reserved channa water (will explain)
- paprika and parsley for garnish
- for the homemade tahini paste
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Make the tahini paste first.
- Parch the sesame seeds over a low fire until golden brown.
- Place in a food processor and add oil (extra oil can be used until desired consistency is reached)
- Now for the hummus recipe.
- Soak the channa overnight.
- Pressure cook for 15 – 18 minutes. Drain.
- Reserve some of the water. Set aside.
- Add the channa, tahini, pimento peppers, chadon beni, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, channa water and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil, Sprinkle paprika and add a sprig of parsley in the center for garnish.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved