- 1 1/3 cup rice
- 3 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 big leaf thyme finely chopped
- 1 leaf chadon beni finely chopped
- 1 sprig parsley finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp. chive chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Boil the rice, drain and set aside. Heat the oil or butter in a deep pot. Saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the celery stalks and saute for a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, lower the fire and mix well. Remove and allow to cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved