Herb Crusted Fish
- 3 slices swai fillets or any other sliced fish of choice
- 1 tbsp geera powder divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1/2 tbsp duck and goat curry powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pimento peppers minced
- 1 chive chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 leaves chadon beni minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash fish with lime. Cut each slice in two. Season with 7 leaves chadon beni, 1/2 tsp salt or to taste,
- pepper to taste, onion, garlic, pimento, chive, curry powder and 1/2 tbsp geera powder .
- Set aside and let marinate at least 1 hour.
- Note: The pepper will be for you to choose. It could either be raw pepper, pepper sauce or just simply, cayenne pepper.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl large enough for the slices.
- Season with 1/2 tbsp geera, oregano, paprika and 3 leaves chadon beni and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well.
- Pour olive oil in a small bowl.
- Brush one side of the fish slice with the olive oil then press down the fillet in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture.
- Place wax paper on baking sheet or flat baking pan.
- Brush oil on the wax paper then place fish crust side up.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F then lower to 350 degrees F and bake for 15 mins. Serve warm.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved