- 4 1/2 dozen med Ripe Guavas burst in half with hands
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 5 L water about 21 cups
- To sweeten
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- Note: Cleanliness is key to making wine. Sterilize all utensils using hot water.
- Wash the guava, burst with your hands and placein a sterilized bucket.
- Boil the 5L of water and set aside to cool.
- Add the 4cups sugar and the 5L of water. Stir.
- Add the yeast then stir. Cover lightly and leave to set for 21 days.
- After the 21 days has passed pour out the “wine” and discard the fruits.
- Strain through a fine sieve or cloth and sweeten with the 5 cups of sugar.
- Pour in a sterilized container and add the raisins. Leave for 10 days.
- After the 10 days strain again and pour into sterilized “bottles” and store in a cool dry place.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved