- CRUMB CRUST:
- 2 cups digestive biscuits finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 250 g 9 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ml 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 can condensed milk 395 g
- 1 can Fruta guava juice 315 ml
- 8 slices guava cheese chopped (Tricopilia brand)
- Juice and rind of one lemon
- Make a guava puree with the guava juice and guava cheese.
- Note: We used Fruta Guava Pineapple Juice Drink for the guava puree. Here’s how to make the guava puree Heat about 100 ml of the juice in a deep pot; add the guava cheese and stir until the mixture blends well. Add the remainder of the juice. Stir until mixture is somewhat thick and smooth. Remove and leave to cool.
- Crush or place the biscuit in a food processor to grind smoothly. Mix together with softened butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Press the crushed biscuit into a mini baking dish.
- Add gelatin to lemon juice and dissolve by heating over hot water or in a microwave. Soften the cream cheese then add gelatin.
- Beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk, dissolved gelatin, and lemon rind. Add the guava puree and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Finally, decorate top with whip cream and/ or fresh fruits or you can drizzle on some more guava puree to your liking.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved