Guava Baked Lamb
- TO SEASON AND PRESSURE COOK:
- 2 lbs. lamb shoulder or chops
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- FOR GUAVA SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup lamb stock
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp fine leaf thyme
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 leaves chadon beni minced
- 2 tbsp guava cheese or paste 4 packetsTricopilia guava cheese
- 1 tsp. pepper sauce or to taste
- Wash the lamb with lime and water, pat dry and place in a bowl. Season with the green seasoning, parsley, onion, garlic, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Pressure cook the lamb in 2cups water for 30 minutes. Note: You can adjust seasonings to taste before you pressure cook the lamb if you choose. Just watch your salt content though!
- In a deep bowl mix together hot lamb stock, salt, garlic, nutmeg, parsley, thyme, pepper sauce and guava cheese. Mix well with a fork until the guava cheese melts completely. Set aside
- Place shoulder or chops side by side in a deep baking dish or loaf pan. Spread the guava mixture on top of lamb.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes. Cool before serving. Note: sodium content will vary in this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved