Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Condiment
- 1 bundle celery
- 2 heads garlic, cleaned
- 3 onions
- 6 leaves big leaf thyme
- 5 sprigs spanish thyme
- 8 sprigs fine leaf thyme
- 36 leaves chadon beni
- 12 pimento peppers
- 4 bundles chive
- ¼ cup vinegar (optional)
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- Chop the onions, garlic, celery and pimento peppers (seasoning pepper) and add to chive, big leaf thyme, chadon beni and spanish thyme.
- Add some of the ingredients, ½ cup of water and about ¼ cup of vinegar in the blender.
- Note: Add handfuls of the ingredients at a time and make sure the blender's cover is tightly secured. The ingredients will have to be blended in batches! You may add the hot pepper at this step if desired.
- Blend until smooth. Strain the green seasoning mixture and collect the liquid below. The liquid will be reused to blend the other batches of ingredients.
- Collect the strained mixture in a separate bowl.
- When all the ingredients have been blended pour everything, liquid also, into a bowl and add salt to taste. Store in containers and refrigerate.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved