Green Fig (Banana) Salad
- 1 "hand" of green bananas about 12 bananas
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 sprig celery chopped finely
- 127 g peas and carrots boiled and drained
- 2 pimento peppers
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- Salt to taste optional
- Pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the green bananas.Boil for approximately 10 minutes and drain.
- Cut up the bananas into 1/2" pieces.
- Add the celery, sweet pepper, pimento, onion, salt, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper to taste.
- Add the peas and carrots and mix thoroughly. Served chilled.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved