No can do without a delicous blend of granola with cereals or included int a dessert. Preparing this granola mix is very simple.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- ½ cup silvered almonds
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup apple juice, non-sweetened
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup quartered dried apricots
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, mix apple juice, molasses and extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring to coat. Spread mixture onto baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, stirring mixture every 10 to 15 minutes. Or until granola has a golden brown colour. Let cool. Stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.