Homemade granola bars are healthy and not loaded with a lot of oils and sugars. You can prepare them with your favourite fruits as well. Here is an easy recipe to try.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 3 cups whole grain oats
- 4 tbsp. flax seed meal
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 3 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp. dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seed
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar brown
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Chop the almond nuts.
- In a deep bowl add all the ingredients, except the honey, sugar, apple juice, and cinnamon.
- Note: With apple juice, your granola bar will be more chewy. You may omit the apple juice if you want your granola bar crunchy. Also, add about 3 tbsp. of sugar if you are omitting the apple juice.
- Add the sugar, the honey, and apple juice. Mix the ingredients well. Finally, add the cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients well. Pour in a well greased casserole (8″x12″) dish and bake in a preheated oven (230 degrees F) for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved