Gluten Free Banana Nut Loaf
A banana loaf that's wholesome and healthy.
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour (I combined 1 cup cassava flour and 1½ cups brown rice flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- ½-1 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or (180 degrees C).
- Blend the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, and gradually beat in the sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Then add the mashed bananas and blend well. Stir in the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture gradually. Fold in the rest of the ingredients: the coconut, cherries, and almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased baking loaf pan 6x11 inches or 2 baking loaf pans (8x4 inches). Bake for about 1 hour at 220 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 347 kcal Fat: 20 g Carbohydrates: 39 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 531 mg Fiber: 2.7 g Protein: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 102 mg
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved