A banana loaf that’s wholesome and healthy. It is especially better gluten free. Here is a gluten free banana nut loaf.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 ripe medium-sized bananas mashed
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour I combined 1 cup cassava flour and 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2-1 cup maraschino cherries halved
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or (180 degrees C).
- Blend the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, and gradually beat in the sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Then add the mashed bananas and blend well. Stir in the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture gradually. Fold in the rest of the ingredients: the coconut, cherries, and almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased baking loaf pan 6×11 inches or 2 baking loaf pans (8×4 inches). Bake for about 1 hour at 220 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved