GHP's Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 24 cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ -3/4 cup peanut powder
- ½ cup butter
- 2 small eggs (or 1 large egg will do)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- 2.83oz. (80g) almonds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the the sugar, peanut powder, butter together. Blend in one egg at a time until smooth. Add the vanilla or almond essence and mix well.
- Sift the salt, soda and flour together. Mix in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Then stir the flour into creamed mixture.
- Roll into balls, diameter about 1” or 1½"(for larger cookies), and placed on greased cookie sheets (about 5" apart). Place a piece of almond in the centre of each cookie and flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 15-18 minutes.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved