GFCF Sugar Free Pancakes
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: GFCF
Cuisine: Fusion, Caribbean
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- ½ cup raisins, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp mixed essence
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of water
- Oil for frying
- Beat the egg. Mix the cassava flour, rice flour, arrowroot flour (or cornstarch), baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add mixed essence and water to the beaten egg. Add flour mixture to the egg. Mix well until smooth. Stir in the chopped raisins.
- Place a sauce pan over a low fire. Pour about a tablespoon oil. To make medium sized pancakes, pour about a ¼ cup of the batter into the oil. Spread out the batter with a spoon. Flip after a minute.
- Drain on napkins and serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved