GFCF Saltfish Accra
Servings: 15 accras
- 1/2 lb saltfish
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder or 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. celery chopped finely
- 1 sprig chive chopped finely
- 2 tbsp onion grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme chopped finely
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying sunflower or coconut oil
- Boil and flake the saltfish. Mix the flours and baking powder.
- Add the saltfish, parsley, chive, celery, onion, garlic and fine leaf thyme.
- Add the water and egg and mix into a batter. Dip out spoons of the batter and fry.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.