Garlic Channa Salad
Servings: 6 cups
- 1 400 g pk Channa garbanzo bean * yields 6 cups boiled*
- 1/2 cup channa stock
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 med tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Soak the channa overnight. Pressure cook in 3 cups water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the channa but reserve 1/2 cup of the stock.
- Pour channa into a bowl. Add the rest of ingredients including the channa stock and toss.
- Note: After tossing, if you want, you can crush some of the channa with your hands.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved