Fry Smoke Herring with Tomatoes
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Seafood
- ½ lb. Smoked Herring
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- ¾ lb. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. chive, chopped
- ½ tsp. thyme, chopped (Spanish or fine leaf)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small hot pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Boil the smoke herring for about 10 minutes to remove some of the salt.
- Remove skin; wash and squeeze the excess water from the smoke herring and break into small pieces.
- Saute the onion, garlic and seasonings. Then add the tomatoes and cook until slightly brown.
- Add the flaked smoke herring and hot pepper and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes. Add more salt and water if desired.
- Serve cool with fry bake etc.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved