Fruity Nut Salad
- 2 apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2 ripe pears peeled, cored and diced
- 1 small fennel bulb trimmed and dice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 leaves chadon beni finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon. lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange rind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl mix together the orange juice, lemon/lime juice, olive oil, chadon beni, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in the orange rind. Set aside.
- Dice the fennel, apples and pear.
- In a large bowl, place the apple, pear, fennel and
- Pour the vinaigrette over the fruits.
- Mix then scatter the walnuts over the salad before serving.
- Serve immediately.
For those of you who want an idea of how fennel tastes, just think of liquorice ( licorice) or star anise.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved