A serving of this fruit salad is nutritional in many ways.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 21 mins
Total Time: 36 mins
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 mango
- 1 piece of ripe pawpaw papaya
- 1 tin pineapple in light syrup
- 1/4 lb. grapes
- Peel the orange and remove the seeds. Wash the grapes. Place in a deep glass bowl or your favourite fruit salad bowl.
- Separate the pineapple slices from the light syrup.
- Set aside the light syrup. Cut the pineapple slices in half or to your liking.
- Wash and cut the apple in thin slices. Peel and dice the pawpaw into 2 inch pieces.
- Peel and dice the banana. Add to the fruit bowl.
- Pour the light syrup from the pineapple over all the ingredients, and toss slightly. Note: If you use fresh pineapple, you will have to make your own light syrup. This is easy, just boil together 3/4 cups of white sugar and 2 cups of water until a the thin syrup is formed. Cool the syrup before using.
- Chill before serving.
Click the link to download PDF of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved