- 1 1/3 c rolled oats
- 1 c chopped dates
- 3/4 c enriched flour
- 1/4 c wheat flour
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c walnuts* or almonds or peanuts
- 1/2 c chopped dried apricots sunsweet california sun dried
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder* or 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- In saucepan, melt butter and add the oil.Add dates and apricots. Stir then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In the mean time, combine dry ingredients.Beat the egg and vanilla together.
- Add to the fruit mixture, then pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour in a greased baking dish (9×13 inch pan). Bake in an oven for 20 min at 350 degrees F. Cool and cut. Serve cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved