Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
- 1⅓ c rolled oats
- 1 c chopped dates
- ¾ c enriched flour
- ¼ c wheat flour
- ½ c unsalted butter
- ½ c walnuts* or almonds or peanuts
- ½ c chopped dried apricots, sunsweet california sun dried
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ tsp baking powder* or 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- In saucepan, melt butter and add the oil.Add dates and apricots. Stir then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In the mean time, combine dry ingredients.Beat the egg and vanilla together.
- Add to the fruit mixture, then pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour in a greased baking dish (9×13 inch pan). Bake in an oven for 20 min at 350 degrees F. Cool and cut. Serve cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved