- 3 ripe bananas peeled
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk
- 3/4 c. grape nut cereal crushed to crumbs
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- Peel the bananas and cut each in two.
- Mix the cereal, cinnamon and nutmeg. Note: The grape nut cereal does not crush well in an electric chopper. It is best to place it in a clean bag, hold the end tightly and use a rolling pin to crush it. You can also leave the cereal as it for a more chunkier texture.
- Insert an ice cream stick or skewer deeply into the cut end of the banana. Dip the banana in the milk, then roll in the cereal crumbs and spices. Note: To get the cereal to stick press firmly into the banana.
- Wrap in plastic and freeze. Serve cold. Note: I used this grape nut cereal for my frozen bananas. It is not as sweet as most cereals, and a bit expensive in Trinidad. A good substitute is the Sunshine Granola cereal for this recipe.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved