Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
Cuisine: International /Fusion
Serves: Serves 12
- 1 eggplant (baigan)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour or breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp marjoram
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 sprig chive, chopped finely
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme, chopped finely
- 5 leaves chadon beni, chopped finely
- oil for frying ( I used coconut oil)
- Cut the eggplant into ½" thick slices. Set aside.
- In a plate or bowl mix the flour or bread crumbs with the seasoning. (Note: You could adjust the seasoning to your liking. Feel free to add more chadon beni and chive!)
- To fry, dip the eggplant slices in the egg then in the seasoned flour and set aside for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Then heat the oil over a medium flame and add the eggplant slices. Fry, on both sides, until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the fried eggplant and / or serve with your favourite dip.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved