- 1 eggplant baigan
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup flour or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 sprig chive chopped finely
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme chopped finely
- 5 leaves chadon beni chopped finely
- oil for frying I used coconut oil
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2" thick slices. Set aside.
- In a plate or bowl mix the flour or bread crumbs with the seasoning. (Note: You could adjust the seasoning to your liking. Feel free to add more chadon beni and chive!)
- To fry, dip the eggplant slices in the egg then in the seasoned flour and set aside for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Then heat the oil over a medium flame and add the eggplant slices. Fry, on both sides, until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the fried eggplant and / or serve with your favourite dip.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved