This fried channa is such a great treat! It is a perfect snack for many occasions and can be served along side other fried snack or roasted snacks.
Cuisine: East Indian
- 1 lb. dried channa chick peas, garbanzo bean
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Chadon Beni minced
- hot pepper to taste chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt or to taste
- Coconut oil for frying
- Soak channa overnight making sure the water covers the chickpeas. Rinse and drain.
- Add channa to a deep pot, cover with oil and fry over a low fire until golden brown.
- Note: A low fire gives you more control over the frying so you will not burn the channa. If you think you can do it over a medium fire then by all means do so.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add garlic, hot pepper, chadon beni and salt in a bowl.
- Add fried channa and mix thoroughly. Serve cool.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved