Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: approx 3 lbs of fries
- 6 medium potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut up the potato into sticks. Not too thick though! Wash the potato three times. Add cold water and ice cubes to the potato. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Drain the water and dry the french fries with a kitchen towel or cloth.
- Put the potato in a large pot. Add the oil (enough to cover the french fries). Now light the stove and keep the flame low. Keep the flame low and allow the the potatoes to take their time to fry.
- While the french fries are frying do not disturb it. This could result in breaking the french fry. Only interfere with them when they float.
- Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle a little salt to taste.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved