Five Finger Wine
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Drink
- 25 five finger (star fruit, carambola)
- 1½ pk yeast (16.5 g)
- 12 lbs sugar, granulated
- 2¼ gal of water (i.e. 2 gallons and 4 cups)
- ½ lb raisins
- Wash and slice the five finger. Add the five finger to water (that was boiled and cooled) in a large bucket. Add the yeast and 6 pounds of sugar and stir. Cover the container and leave in a cool dry place for 21 days.
- Pour out and sweeten the wine with the remaining 6 pounds of sugar. Strain using a clean cloth Pour out in sterilized bottles add raisins and leave for ten days.
- Note: Adding the raisins and leaving for the ten day period helps make the wine clearer. DO NOT COVER THE BOTTLES TIGHTLY.
- After the ten day period strain the wine again. Bottle the wine and store in a cool dry place.
- Serve chilled or with ice.
5 oz per serving.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved