- 4 medium sized fish slices cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 4 sprigs spanish thyme minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped
- ½ cup chive finely chopped
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 3 small potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 green fig bananas, peeled and chopped
- 3 ochroes chopped (optional)
- 1 pimento pepper chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the garlic, onion, thyme, lime and water. Season the fish slices with this mixture. Allow to marinate for an hour.
- In a large pot sauté the onion, garlic, pimento pepper until golden brown. Add water and the rest of the vegetables and simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
- When vegetables are tender, add fish and allow to simmer until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved