Fish and Sweet Potato Chowder
Fish and Sweet Potato Chowder December 10, 2013 by Felix Leave a Comment (Edit)
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium-size red sweet potato, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped coarsely
- 6 cups water or fish stock
- 200 g firm white fish fillet, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1inch)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- green seasoning to season fish
- ½ cup cooking cream
- Chopped chadon beni, to garnish
- Sal and pepper to taste
- Season fish with nutmeg, green seasoning, oregano, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in med saucepan or pot. Add onion, garlic and pimento pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add potato and carrot. Stir. Add water or stock and bring to a boil. Cover and leave to simmer until the sweet potato and carrot are cooked.
- Blend or process stock and vegetables until smooth. Add seasoned fish, bring to boil and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes (or until fish is cooked).
- Stir in the cooking cream. Remove and garnish with chopped chadon beni. Serve warm.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved