Eggplant Parmesan Trinistyle
- 4 small young eggplant peeled and sliced longitudinally
- 3 large sweet peppers sliced
- 3 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese or Cheddar cheese
- Green Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 10 leaves chadon beni
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme
- 1/2 sprig celery
- 1 sprig parsley chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 chive chopped
- 1 tbsp minced hot pepper
- 2 pimento peppers chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp complete seasoning
- 3/4 cup of the green seasoning mixture
- Chop the ingredients for the green seasoning. Pour the cup of water in a blender and and add handfuls of the ingredients. Blend until fine. Remove and strain. Place the green water into the blender and add the balance of ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- Chop the sweet pepper, set aside.
- Peel and slice the eggplant longitudinally. Place in a bowl and sprinkle salt.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg place in a deep bowl and add 3/4 cups of the green seasoning.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients for the batter. Whisk.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the batter then fry until golden.
- Note: Because of how thin the eggplant slices are you only need to fry them for 30 seconds on both sides.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup seasonings, tomato paste and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- In a 8 x 12 x 2″ baking dish, spread some of the tomato sauce.
- Add the first layer of eggplant sliced onions sweet pepper, some dollops of tomato sauce and cheese .
- Repeat the step until all ingredients are used up. Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve cool and enjoy!
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved