Eggless Macaroni Pie
This is a treasured eggless macaroni pie. It is just as tasty as any other type of macaroni pie.
Recipe type: Pasta
Serves: 1 dish 12" x 8" x 2"
- 1 pk (20 oz) macaroni*
- 2½ cups grated cheese
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped finely
- 1½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1½ tbsp flour
- ½ tsp white or black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp parsley, dried or 1 tsp. fresh
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Boil the macaroni, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter over a medium flame. Then add the flour while stirring continuously. Let cook for about 1 minute. (Try to break up the lumps of flour).
- Add the milk and stir. Add the grated cheese and stir into a smooth paste. Note: To avoid burning, lower the flame.
- Add the cheese sauce to the boiled macaroni and mix thoroughly. Add the seasonings and tomato paste and mix again. Pour the macaroni mixture in a greased baking dish 12 x 8 x 2 inches.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Note: Here I wouldn't give an exact measurement. Just grate enough to cover the surface.
- You could also sprinkle a bit of parsley on the cheese like we did! Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the top looks golden. Serve cool.
* The pasta used in this recipe can also be eggless.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved